Longueuil, QC Canada
Charles-LeMoyne Hospital one of the more important hospital in the Longueuil region of Quebec, located on the South shore of Montreal. Sensequake was approached by S.M. Group International Inc. and the Centre Intégré de Santé et de Services Sociaux de la Montérégie-Ouest to evaluate this important building.
Built in 1963, the structure is made up of a concrete moment frame with infill walls. The 9 storey, 1 basement structure is composed of three separate blocks. Sensequake was asked to:
- Perform ambient vibration tests on the building
- Find the modal properties of the structure using our 3D-SAM technology
- Verify the existence of structural joints between the blocks
- Perform seismic assessment using time history analysis
- Predict structural and non-structural seismic performance levels of the hospital
- Perform a probabilistic seismic hazard analysis as well as a seismic deaggregation
- Build a report that other firms can use to calibrate their existing finite element models and help them design accurate retrofitted scheme
With our platform, we were also able to detect structural characteristics and in-plane flexibility that were not visible through traditional methodologies.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Copyright © 2020